Exploring a new city is one of my favourite things to do, but finding a good restaurant without being familiar with the city is always a little difficult and overwhelming. So lucky for us Ottawa’s dining is diverse and unique at the same time. We have every type of food you could ever dream of, as well as quality and fair prices. So if you are looking for some good places to go out I have made a list of some noteworthy restaurants, and if you are already from Ottawa check these places out.
First off, I have made this list especially accessible to those staying in the Downtown area, however most are an easy commute from any part of the city you may be staying in. Most of the restaurants listed have their own website for more info & to view the menu!
Italian food lover like me?
- Cafe Mio: Very well priced and huge portions! (Wellington West)
- Fresco Bistro Italiano: Delicious food & they offer gluten free pizza crust and pasta! Make sure to try their Caesars! (Elgin St)
- Tennessee Williams: Very cozy spot, fair prices. Pizza is awesome! (Wellington West)
Want a great burger but looking to save money?
- The Works: Any burger topping you could ever want. There’s a couple of locations in Kanata, Barrhaven, and Westboro. (Westboro being closest to downtown)
- Hintonburger: Very casual, but yummy & inexpensive (Wellington West)
- The Whalesbone Oyster House: Worth every penny! Their seafood is all sustainably fished & the menu changes daily! (Downtown, Kent st.)
- Supply & Demand: Can’t recommend this one enough! (Wellington West)
- The Elmdale Oyster House & Tavern: Great late night location and their Lobster roll is to die for (Wellington West)
- Petit Bill’s Bistro: Lobster poutine is a guilty pleasure. This spot is a little bit more pricey so if you are looking for a nice night out this is a good one (Wellington West)
- The Savoy Brasserie: Newly opened but worth a trip. They also offer one dollar oysters and jumbo shrimp Monday-Friday between 3:30 and 6:30 (Westboro)
- The Metropolitan: My favourite patio in the city! This place is a no brainer. (Downtown, Sussex)
Some other gems:
Union Local 613: My number one pick in Ottawa. Food, drink and service are on point, and the atmosphere is exciting. Southern styled food & drink, with predominately communal tables. Check out their speakeasy bar in the basement!
Agave: Delicious Mexican! Well priced and worth the trip. Try their Margaritas. (Wellington Westboro)